Short and long - term rental Station
For a business meeting or a family outing, all our rates are very affordable and the accessories – bike locks, baby seat, helmets – are free.
Save time on small everyday trips with a well-equipped bicycle, maintenance included ! And why not a fleet of "metrobikes" in your company or organisation: talk about it with your manager or HRD.... If you live less than 5 km from your workplace, try going by bike. You will be surprised by the results : you will save time and arrive at work full of energy, not to mention the money you will save. In fact, a large proportion of the 6 000 bikes in the Métrovélo fleet are used by customers who have made this practical and eco-citizen choice !
Rental - user information
Check if a bike is available in the agency of your choice and maybe weather conditions too – make sure you have the necessary papers
- identity papers: ID (passport, resident's permit or driving license)
- < 25 days contract: credit card or with the official paper from your bank details (IBAN + BIC or SWIFT CODE)
- > 26 days contract: ONLY with the official paper from your bank details (IBAN + BIC or SWIFT CODE)
Always attach your bike, even for short stops: bikes are rented with two high-quality locks: main U-shaped lock for attaching the frame to a fixed point and a secondary lock with a cable for attaching the rear wheel. If possible, keep your bike in closed premises on a storage hook overnight – visit the agency regularly for bike inspection and maintenance (approximately every two months under ordinary conditions); for major problems, visit the agency for emergency repairs – plan your trip: a windbreaker or rain cape and a small puncture-repair spray can be very practical for arriving at your destination dry and on time ! These accessories are on sale at the bike shops.
Bike storage facility at Grenoble, Gières and Echirolles stations
So, you would like to combine train + bike and reduce your travel time ? Okay, but how can you be sure that your bike will always be there ?
Métrovélo has the solution with a secure "bike storage" facility at the Grenoble, Gières and Echirolles stations. Grenoble station offer secure parking for your bike in Berriat and Alsace-Lorraine parkings near the SNCF platform, a service offered by the Grenoble station agency open 7/7.
With more than 400 storage places today, plans are realized to significantly increase its capacity to 1500 places and provide an additional 24/24 access using a contactless badge. Automatic bike storage Gières et Echirolles stations with 70 places and located right next to the SNCF platforms, the Gières and Echirolles stations bike storage facility will be accessible 24/24 using a contactless badge. There will also be an interphone if you have forgotten your badge or have a technical problem.
Services available at Grenoble station:
- self-service tyre inflation,
- transport and bike information,
- bike rental in case of breakdown,
- "storage + maintenance" package, the Métrovélo team handles ordinary bike maintenance (NB: spare parts not included; the Métrovélo team may also refuse to draw up this type of contract for a bike in very poor general condition or requiring special tools, for instance, some Dutch-type bike).
Storage user information:
- check the availability of a storage place by contacting the Station agency,
- make sure you have the necessary papers:
- identity papers: ID card, driving licence, passport or resident's permit,
- deposit to rent a storage place : ONLY with the official paper from your bank details (IBAN + BIC or SWIFT CODE)
Always attach your bike in its parking space (Métrovélo offers you a parking service, not a caretaking service).
New service since september 2010 !
- park safely your own bike in an individual box.
Services avaible in 32 places of Grenoble area.
||Reduced price*||under 25
||Solidary rate (FQ<661)|
|1 day||3 €||3 €||3 €||3 €|
|1 month||25 €||19 €||15 €||8 €|
|1 quarter||60 €||45 €||36 €||16 €|
|1 year||132 €||96 €||72 €||48 €|
|deposit||200 €||200 €||200 €||100 €|
* Reduced rate for group +10, TAG ("info carte ticket" + "Oùra" card), TER (valid transport voucher), TRANSISERE (valid transport voucher) or Citélib subscribers (valid contract attestation)
Bike storage rate
Grenoble, place de la gare
Lines A, B and C1 - stop "Gares"
Monday to Friday: 7.30am - 7.30pm
Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 9am to 7pm
Gières, avenue de la bibliothèque
Lines B, C, C5, 11 and 69 - stop "Bibliothèques universitaires"
Monday to Friday: 11.30am to 6.30pm
Agency closed during university holidays and on bank holidays